Sunday, June 28, 2009



Your pain is mine

If I have to hide my laughter
Smother my success
And lie to you about my joy
What worth is my life
Dear friend

Your pale smiles
Incomplete sentences
Distant looks
As if waiting for something to come by
Wring my heart
As they do yours
What worth is my happiness
If it cannot involve you

You empty yourself
Every day before me
Alternating bouts of guilt
And cynicism
I listen rapt with attention
At the same stories
Repeated again and again

I hold no solution
Just as you have none
I too wait impatiently
For small good times to come
For
The sun that has stopped shining
On your heart
Has stopped shining on mine too

My prayers are filled with wishes
To wash away OUR sins
Your suffering is as much yours
As it is also mine

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely poem... well expressed

Freedom Debt Relief

Unknown said...

The poem really express your deep desire to share everyone's problem you really have patience to listen to all. but remember time is the solution to everything so your patience hearing is the solution to every bodies problem.

JULIE said...

Thanks for reading. Actually this was written for a friend's husband that lost his job in this economy. Many people have read it and taken it their way. It pleases me that it make sense to everyone in a their own way.

Ashok said...

nice expression,hidden love from heart